Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cravn Slideshow (Sports Memorabilia)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cravn Slideshow (Sports Memorabilia) Empty Cravn Slideshow (Sports Memorabilia)

Post  wood20ks 2/10/2009, 3:32 pm

Post pics of your collection.........I love that stuff,

anyone else have any?
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Cravn Slideshow (Sports Memorabilia) Empty Re: Cravn Slideshow (Sports Memorabilia)

Post  Magic 2/10/2009, 5:22 pm

You guys have more than I do since I don't live near any of my teams.

I'll have to see if I can find pictures later.

I have my autographed Magic Johnson basketball and my many years of tickets from games I went to (NBA All Star game at the Kingdome) I wish I had the tix from the 1st game I went to in 1974 it was the former Seattle Sonics vs the former New Orleans Jazz with Pistol Pete Maravich.

Got several autographs at the NBA All Star game (even one from Lynn Swann)

And from the famous Chick Hearn when I met him at the greatest comeback in a NBA playoff game (Lakers down 29 in the 1st half and came back to win and get the sweep)

And I still have my SI mag the year Bert Jones was the NFL MVP in 1976....now if I could just get him to sign that.

Cravn has all the stuff I want.......but your Bears stuff is also great !!

....oh and I saw the Colts vs the Ravens at BOTH the RCA and LOS wink

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Cravn Slideshow (Sports Memorabilia) Empty Re: Cravn Slideshow (Sports Memorabilia)

Post  Guest 2/10/2009, 6:34 pm

But no doubt the most valuable piece in Magic's collection...

That priceless picture in the signature!

cheerstoyou drinkbeer rambo Twisted Evil booya wave dance

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/10/2009, 10:50 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:But no doubt the most valuable piece in Magic's collection...

That priceless picture in the signature!

cheerstoyou drinkbeer rambo Twisted Evil booya wave dance

I gotta agree with you there Kurt......best game I ever went to cheerstoyou

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/11/2009, 2:57 am

Cravn Slideshow (Sports Memorabilia) 100_0168

Cravn Slideshow (Sports Memorabilia) 100_0169

My god Mr Bear, these dont scratch the surface..I'll take a few more

I was in a rinky dink bar in Baltimore. 1997ish, this stretch white limo pulled up and out came LT..The sig on the bottom ball (3)..What are the odds that I had an NFL Ball with me. drinkbeer
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/11/2009, 12:31 pm

Those Colts signed footballs belong in a NFL museum cheerstoyou

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/12/2009, 1:19 am

And I still have my SI mag the year Bert Jones was the NFL MVP in 1976....now if I could just get him to sign that.

OMFG!! You should have said something!! Bert comes back to Baltimore 4-5x's a year..I'll give you advanced notice you can send it to me..I have Marinos SI with him on the cover, autographed.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/12/2009, 1:23 am

Looking at these pictures, Im embarassed as hell, all that great memorbilia, in boxes just sitting down stairs in a vacant basement..Jesus...
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/12/2009, 5:57 am

cravnravn wrote:Looking at these pictures, Im embarassed as hell, all that great memorbilia, in boxes just sitting down stairs in a vacant basement..Jesus...

I`ll take good care of them for you Crav............ Smile
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/12/2009, 6:10 am

I think you should spread them around ... you know a risk management thing. That way, if something were to happen at the Cravn homestead, then all wouldn't be lost...

I'll keep some safe for you... 34's can hold some... Magic...

We're just thinking of your best interests, John... really. angel

We can start here, on Turfgrass Way... tell me more about those signed baseballs... wave

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/12/2009, 6:16 am

cravnravn wrote:And I still have my SI mag the year Bert Jones was the NFL MVP in 1976....now if I could just get him to sign that.

OMFG!! You should have said something!! Bert comes back to Baltimore 4-5x's a year..I'll give you advanced notice you can send it to me..I have Marinos SI with him on the cover, autographed.

I`ve got an SI of Walter Payton(was my fathers when he subscribed)from 1975 that says"NFL`s Newest Stars".......Not autoe`d tho.

The best of my collection is the signed by both a 1997 Classic Doubles Starting line-up of Payton and Barry Sanders.
Pictures taken with both.........
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/12/2009, 7:21 am

tell me more about those signed baseballs

Havent shown you a pic of my prized posession..A 1968 single signed baseball of Joe Dimaggio..I took that to Lelands Auction house for authentication..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/12/2009, 12:13 pm

cravnravn wrote:And I still have my SI mag the year Bert Jones was the NFL MVP in 1976....now if I could just get him to sign that.

Cravn is officially my best friend smile

Heck I even used to have the newspaper clip in the Seattle Times when he was drafted but it is gone now.

(it said "Colts Ink Bert Jones" )

I was in HS then and watched every game and always expected a long bomb from Bert Jones to Roger Carr hellyes

The SI is here in my desk.

The good old days clap

Get to work on your Cravn HOF Room Johnny B cheerstoyou

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 2/12/2009, 12:34 pm

Amazing stuff.

The only ball player I met was Dan Pastrini....I don't know how to spell his last name. Anyway, a few of us were down at BayLands Race Way (in the Bay Area, south of San Fran), and he was working on his dragster, the QuarterBack Sneak.

He was a tough lookin' dude.

BOOKIE CHALLENGE Cravn Slideshow (Sports Memorabilia) 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2560

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 2/13/2009, 4:02 pm

Hmm my prized possesions are my Joe Montana game worn autographed jersey (authenticated) Great story with that one, my uncle sold Caddy's in San Fran, Joe was one of his customers (and I have always been a HUGE Montana fan since I was a wee little lad and he was at ND... after the Chicken Soup Bowl I was hooked on football forever) My uncle knew this and got one from him somehow and gave to me for a Xmas present It's been framed under glass since 1987 with his autographed rookie card, (paid to see him at a business seminar when I was 17...LOL Didn't give a rats ass about the business end but sat through an hour and half to get he autograph at the end.. got his picture signing it.) And of course I've Colts and Pacers stuff all over the house.... I even have a picture of Dale Davis that I got him to sign with his "Ike" nickname too... (The team nicknamed him Ike Turner after he bitch-slapped a guy in practice) I got in to a reception at the Country Club of Indianapolis with a Larry Bird Wheaties box and got him to do that one(I think he was tickled over it because I was just a kid and it was very obvious I wasn't a member and I had hustled my way in there).... Then outside of the Sports World one of my best is an autographed first edition of Salems Lot from Mr. King..(never met him though bought it from a book dealer) and of course LOTS and LOTS of Colts autographs from when we used to go to training camp religiously every single summer...Hmm oh and a LaDanian Tomlinson autograph card I busted out of a pack of card I bought for $3.. (numbered special edition and graded)

My buddy is a diehard Bears fan has an autographed sweetness football... with Walter's thumbprint on the ball....

Lets see, I've also got an autographed copy of The Art OF War... by one Robert Montgomery Knight... When I whipped it out at the autograph signing for him to sign he just gave me a pretty good smile and asked if I had read the book yet...So I lied and said yes..
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/14/2009, 10:09 am

dblshockpwr wrote:Hmm my prized possesions are my Joe Montana game worn autographed jersey (authenticated) Great story with that one, my uncle sold Caddy's in San Fran, Joe was one of his customers (and I have always been a HUGE Montana fan since I was a wee little lad and he was at ND... after the Chicken Soup Bowl I was hooked on football forever) My uncle knew this and got one from him somehow and gave to me for a Xmas present It's been framed under glass since 1987 with his autographed rookie card, (paid to see him at a business seminar when I was 17...LOL Didn't give a rats ass about the business end but sat through an hour and half to get he autograph at the end.. got his picture signing it.) And of course I've Colts and Pacers stuff all over the house.... I even have a picture of Dale Davis that I got him to sign with his "Ike" nickname too... (The team nicknamed him Ike Turner after he bitch-slapped a guy in practice) I got in to a reception at the Country Club of Indianapolis with a Larry Bird Wheaties box and got him to do that one(I think he was tickled over it because I was just a kid and it was very obvious I wasn't a member and I had hustled my way in there).... Then outside of the Sports World one of my best is an autographed first edition of Salems Lot from Mr. King..(never met him though bought it from a book dealer) and of course LOTS and LOTS of Colts autographs from when we used to go to training camp religiously every single summer...Hmm oh and a LaDanian Tomlinson autograph card I busted out of a pack of card I bought for $3.. (numbered special edition and graded)

My buddy is a diehard Bears fan has an autographed sweetness football... with Walter's thumbprint on the ball....

Lets see, I've also got an autographed copy of The Art OF War... by one Robert Montgomery Knight... When I whipped it out at the autograph signing for him to sign he just gave me a pretty good smile and asked if I had read the book yet...So I lied and said yes..

Is it visible??
I would like to think that my stuff auto`ed by him would have that to,but of course theres no way I know.lmao

Here soon I`ll have some pics........Not that anyone cares.........But I do like showing what i have every now and then. lol
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 2/14/2009, 12:28 pm

wood20ks wrote:
dblshockpwr wrote:Hmm my prized possesions are my Joe Montana game worn autographed jersey (authenticated) Great story with that one, my uncle sold Caddy's in San Fran, Joe was one of his customers (and I have always been a HUGE Montana fan since I was a wee little lad and he was at ND... after the Chicken Soup Bowl I was hooked on football forever) My uncle knew this and got one from him somehow and gave to me for a Xmas present It's been framed under glass since 1987 with his autographed rookie card, (paid to see him at a business seminar when I was 17...LOL Didn't give a rats ass about the business end but sat through an hour and half to get he autograph at the end.. got his picture signing it.) And of course I've Colts and Pacers stuff all over the house.... I even have a picture of Dale Davis that I got him to sign with his "Ike" nickname too... (The team nicknamed him Ike Turner after he bitch-slapped a guy in practice) I got in to a reception at the Country Club of Indianapolis with a Larry Bird Wheaties box and got him to do that one(I think he was tickled over it because I was just a kid and it was very obvious I wasn't a member and I had hustled my way in there).... Then outside of the Sports World one of my best is an autographed first edition of Salems Lot from Mr. King..(never met him though bought it from a book dealer) and of course LOTS and LOTS of Colts autographs from when we used to go to training camp religiously every single summer...Hmm oh and a LaDanian Tomlinson autograph card I busted out of a pack of card I bought for $3.. (numbered special edition and graded)

Is it visible??
I would like to think that my stuff auto`ed by him would have that to,but of course theres no way I know.lmao

Here soon I`ll have some pics........Not that anyone cares.........But I do like showing what i have every now and then. lol

Yeah Woods, it's very clearly visible, looks just like a darn print you would send to the FBI... I guess he had some sharpie ink on his hands when he picked up his ball to sign it and it's there clear as day for everybody to see... pretty neat really. I don't know of anybody else but that guy that has an autograph with the thumbprint to go along with it.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/15/2009, 4:51 am

Im pretty stupid when it comes to PC's and pictures but how do you want me to post pics? a link or individual..Individual will be over 100 pictures..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/15/2009, 4:38 pm

Ah you do ok Cravn smile

I guess you can do a slide show for us......pretty easy to do.

Well unless you do it with the dialup wtf

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/16/2009, 6:56 pm

A slide show would be great Crav.........Thats about the only way I think that waould be sufficient.

Ur tight,it would be one long page............Lookin forward to see what exists in that HOF Room....... hellyes
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/16/2009, 6:58 pm

2Shock.......I would tend to tink that a thumb print to go along witht hte auto would be a very interesting attraction to go along with the sig.

I would think I`d pay a little more for something like that.
Thats cool someone has something like that.
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/21/2009, 4:55 pm

And no........I have not forgot about posting pics of 34s Bar.

Will get it done..........Still waiting for some frames and wallpaper border to show up.......

Slot machine has arrived and been well used so far..........The wife thinks she`d gonna use it as her own personal savings account.lmao
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 3/1/2009, 8:09 am

Mr Bill ol buddy ol pal..I sent an E-mail to your hotmail, it contains 49 pictures, wondering if you could be so kind to throw them in a slide show and post them here??
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 3/1/2009, 10:39 am

i`ll be looking forward to seeing them Crav........... smile
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Cravn Slideshow (Sports Memorabilia) Empty The Cravn Hall of Fame

Post  Magic 3/1/2009, 2:26 pm

Cravns Slideshow hellyes

Hell of a collection Johnny B smile

So many....love the Mad Dog and Tony Siragusa of course cheerstoyou

http://tinyurl.com/cu5dcq <----Cravn's Hall of Fame

Last edited by Magic on 3/2/2009, 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next