Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter King says Favre wants to play for the Vikings

4 posters

Go down

Peter King says Favre wants to play for the Vikings Empty Peter King says Favre wants to play for the Vikings

Post  =SA= 7/12/2008, 7:50 am

PFT thinks this is how he gets cut lose from Packers. Can you picture the Colts playing the Vikings (with Favre) at Minnesota. Naw, it will never happen
====================

In our view, the Packers lose the upper hand by making the ridiculous suggestion that they’d pay Favre $12 million to be the backup to Aaron Rodgers. We believe that it’s a ploy to force Favre to stay on his farm, thinking that he’s not likely to come back to Green Bay if he’s not the starter — and if he’d be a distraction on the bench.

If we were advising Favre, we’d tell him to call the bluff and show up for camp. The worst-case scenario is that he’d make $12 million while suffering no wear and tear on his soon-to-be 39-year-old body.

But we doubt it would come to that. Eventually, the the Packers’ penny-pinching G.M. wouldn’t be able to justify keeping him around at that kind of a salary, and public pressure would mount to either make Favre the starter or let him try to win the job elsewhere.

The only guarantee is that this one is bound to get uglier before it gets any prettier. Favre might have a heart of gold, but he’s got a head of diamond, and if he has decided that he wants to play he’ll do whatever he has to do to make it happen, and Thompson risks looking like a villain for disrespecting the most beloved player in the history of the franchise. pecker
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

Peter King says Favre wants to play for the Vikings Empty Re: Peter King says Favre wants to play for the Vikings

Post  Magic 7/12/2008, 2:35 pm

I saw Aaron Rodgers playing golf today and a kid was trying to get autographs with his football and Rodgers walks up to him to sign it and the kid waves him off and points at Ben Steelerburger and gets his autograph instead.

Aaron just walked away.......probably thinking that kid is a jackass smile

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Peter King says Favre wants to play for the Vikings Empty Re: Peter King says Favre wants to play for the Vikings

Post  Agent 99 7/13/2008, 5:00 am

This is pretty shitty of Favre if you ask me. Rogers is going to have such a complex. How could you not after all of this. I've lost a lot of respect for him after all of this. bs
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 7/13/2008, 6:13 am

Savi, just on the NFL Network..Tampa and Baltimore are talking with Green Bay about Favre..Green Bay wants draft picks for him, I hope Oz dosent pull the trigger.

Personally, I dont want him, hes washed up.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/13/2008, 1:25 pm

cravnravn wrote:
Personally, I dont want him, hes washed up.

I agree with Cravn...

Not to mention he should try and leave with some dignity, which will be very difficult now. For christ's sake, he should have enough cash for all of us to retire very comfortably.

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 7/13/2008, 2:48 pm

Its not bad enough Green Bay will want 1st and 2nd rd picks..But its going to take a 3yr 30 million dollar contract to sign Favre..It aint worth it
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 7/15/2008, 6:04 pm

I agree Cravn. I don't want him either. He's a Cajun why do you think he should act with class lol
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down