Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn Bears

3 posters

Go down

Damn Bears Empty Damn Bears

Post  =SA= 3/24/2008, 6:12 pm

NEW YORK (AP) - The San Francisco 49ers forfeited their fifth-round pick in next month's NFL draft on Monday after commissioner Roger Goodell deemed them guilty of tampering with Chicago linebacker Lance Briggs.

Goodell also determined the teams will switch picks in the third round of the April 26-27 draft. Chicago, which had the 12th pick, will get San Francisco's seventh pick and the 49ers will get Chicago's choice.

Goodell determined the 49ers violated the NFL's anti-tampering policy by contacting Briggs' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, about his client during the 2007 season.

"The 49ers organization respects Commissioner Goodell's ruling today, however we do disagree with it," 49ers general manager Scot McCloughan said in a statement. "This was not a malicious act; we believe that our intent was within the NFL guidelines. Going forward, we will take the necessary steps to ensure we are in compliance with the NFL's interpretation."
============
Just when I think we are about to put them away the Commish gives em life with a higher second round pick. This draft is deep enough for them to get a 1st round quality pick at # 7 in the second. Now if they will just give the Vikings SF's 5th round pick they forfeited I'll call it even steven.

Never mind I miss read it. 3rd round swap not 2nd. Not near as bad.

Last edited by =SA= on 3/24/2008, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

Damn Bears Empty Re: Damn Bears

Post  =SA= 3/24/2008, 6:13 pm

Shit, the Bears didn't even lose Briggs. Now I'm really pissed off. No harm no foul i say bawlin
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 3/25/2008, 5:55 pm

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/NYOL57603242231.jpg
Anything to piss off a Viking fan I sayyy. lol

Besides from what i`ve read the bears are taking Flacco no.1.

He grew up being a Bear fan would love to come to "Sweet Hooooome Chicago".bounce

To bad for you =SA= and Cravn.
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 3/26/2008, 1:35 am

Besides from what i`ve read the bears are taking Flacco no.1.

Flacco at #1?? Come on Mr Bear..He's a mid to late 2nd rounder at best. I say you do what you always do best, do what ever it takes to get that overrated piece of shit, Matt Ryan, that way Ravens Fans can STFU about him..If theres a football god, please let some other team take him, besides my beloved Purple Birds.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 3/27/2008, 3:41 am

cravnravn wrote:Besides from what i`ve read the bears are taking Flacco no.1.

Flacco at #1?? Come on Mr Bear..He's a mid to late 2nd rounder at best. I say you do what you always do best, do what ever it takes to get that overrated piece of shit, Matt Ryan, that way Ravens Fans can STFU about him..If theres a football god, please let some other team take him, besides my beloved Purple Birds.

hahahaha I knew I could count on you to bite on that one...........

Hell i have know idea who the Bears will take.Probably o-lineman.
i`m the one hoping they take Flacco in the 2nd.But he has been climbing and now I have the feeling he`d be gone by the time we pick at no.2.
i`m hoping rb at 1 and qb at 2(Flacco).....That would be my idea draft.
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down