Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hi-Point .45 auto..... low price but not a cheap gun.

3 posters

Go down

The Hi-Point .45 auto..... low price but not a cheap gun. Empty The Hi-Point .45 auto..... low price but not a cheap gun.

Post  dblshockpwr 2/16/2008, 1:24 pm

Here's my review for the guys that might be interested in this....

This line of handgun is getting an almost cult following here in the midwest.... it is a pretty basic handgun and is very inexpensive... I bought the HP .45 for right at $160.00

MAN I can not say enough good stuff about this firearm.... It's a blow-back semi-auto (not the recoil like most folks are used to) so it keeps the price down.... it has a polymer frame for added strength, plastic(almost looks like a Glock) and i was pretty impressed at the appeareance for such an inexpensive firearm....

NOW onto performance.... I fired 250 rounds through it on the the first session with only 1 stovepipe in the very first mag, the rest of the time not 1 single problem... Then my cousin fired another 250 with no problems or stovepipes at all......(ball ammo no hollow points at this point.)

After the 500 round break in we decided it was time to try out the Hydrashocks..... much to my surpise it ran the 230 gr hollow points with no troubles either.... of course since the HS are much more expensive we only fired off about 50 of them..
SO All in all this a a GREAT buy....this gun may end up becoming another American legend before it's all over with.....

OH Did I also mention that they are made by an american company right in Dayton Ohio...(completely american BTW) AND that the guns also have a LIFETIME warranty as well..

It's not pretty, it's not sexy.... but hey pretty, sexy handguns are for Hollywood and for posers.... If you are ever in a self defense situation nobody cares what your gun looks like.... only if it fires accurately every single shot.... and this little gem does the trick...

2shocks buy of the decade for firearms....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

The Hi-Point .45 auto..... low price but not a cheap gun. Empty Re: The Hi-Point .45 auto..... low price but not a cheap gun.

Post  Guest 2/16/2008, 3:37 pm

In the event I ever am called upon to do a clandestine mercenary operation, its good to know I can lean on a few of you for firepower information. Beyond that, I'll always be sure to stay on your good sides!

lol

The automatic shotgun Magic has introduced me to is about as cool as I've seen. (But I always did want one of my namesake hand guns.)

Back to top Go down

The Hi-Point .45 auto..... low price but not a cheap gun. Empty Re: The Hi-Point .45 auto..... low price but not a cheap gun.

Post  cravnravn 2/17/2008, 2:19 am

160.00 Hmmm not bad, these are the only question I have, does it shoot hollow points? Caus the minute Im broken into I want to blow the mother fuckers knee caps off and watch him try to slither away.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 2/17/2008, 6:12 am

cravnravn wrote:160.00 Hmmm not bad, these are the only question I have, does it shoot hollow points? Caus the minute Im broken into I want to blow the mother fuckers knee caps off and watch him try to slither away.

Yeah. I ran hydrashocks through it at the end....(they are hollow points) Most brand new guns do have trouble chambering hollowpoints until you run them through a break in period...(that why I always run about 500 rounds through any brand new handgun.) I have heard you might have to polish the chambering plate on some of them and tweak the magazine too.... fortunately I didn't have to....

PLUS with a 230 grain .45 ACP cartridge you really don't have to run hollow points to blow there knee's off...

If somebody was breaking into my house I think I would aim much higher than the knees though..... I don't want them running through the house tracking blood everywhere....LOL
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/17/2008, 8:57 pm

Geee......if only you guys were my neighbor!

Ummmm.....I know a perfect target for you all to practice on wink

Not that I asked or payed you to of course mischief

I still am not close to shooting all of the 100 hollow points they gave me when I bought the Desert Eagle back in 1999.

They are 50 caliber "action express" 325 gr. hollow point Lawman's made by Speer.

If only that crook would trespass just one more time......

ramborampage ohshit

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8784
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down