Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Murphy knew it was going to happen

4 posters

Go down

Eddie Murphy knew it was going to happen Empty Eddie Murphy knew it was going to happen

Post  Guest 1/25/2008, 6:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Eddie Murphy knew it was going to happen Empty Re: Eddie Murphy knew it was going to happen

Post  Magic 1/25/2008, 9:46 pm

I'll have to see what the drugs were before the SB I guess mischief
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Eddie Murphy knew it was going to happen Empty Re: Eddie Murphy knew it was going to happen

Post  Swanshaft 1/26/2008, 7:50 am

Speaking of Eddie Murphey, I graduated yesterday and apparantly Randall Cobb was in my class. He was a famous heavyweight boxer that was also in the movie "the golden child". Bio is below...He looked like he took a shit load of punishment in his day...

Former Heavyweight boxing contender Randall "Tex" Cobb has had 3 highly colorful careers; kickboxer, pro boxer, and movie actor. Born in Bridge City, Texas on May 7, 1950, the 6 feet 3 inch, 225 pound Cobb excelled in high school football and martial arts. Enjoying "extreme" sports to the max, Cobb launched a professional kickboxing career and racked up 9 straight knockout victories. Realizing however, that the big money was in boxing, he switched sports and launched a professional boxing career. Known for a "cast-iron" chin, a sledge-hammer punch, and a "gift for gab", Cobb quickly established himself as one of the top heavyweight contenders in the world. Cobb's brutal, one-sided beating by heavyweight King Larry Holmes over 15 rounds (Cobb was never off his feet) caused world-famous boxing announcer Howard Cosell to "swear-off" boxing for the rest of his life. Cobb took the beating with his typical grin and a wide smirk. His antics captured the attention of Hollywood and he was cast as Jon Voight's opponent in the remake of The Champ (1979). Cobb went on to act in a vast number of successful productions, receiving positive reviews for his "raw, primitive," acting style. He launched a highly successful ring comeback in the early 1990s stretching his winning streak to 20 straight. However, he retired unexpectedly with a 43-7 log with 36 knockouts, never to box again. He continues to act and has been the subject of a highly-controversial Sport's Illustrated article which resulted in numerous law-suits.
Swanshaft
Swanshaft
She got the goldmine, I got the Shaft

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 1/26/2008, 10:19 am

Yeah I remember watching Tex in those fights of the good old days......he was quite the character for sure.

He probably made more money getting acting parts over the years.

Btw Swanny.......it is possible for anyone to still win the contest here on SB sunday.......well maybe not "the Cleaner"

smile

Lots of points can be scored.
Magic
Magic

Number of posts : 8781

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 1/26/2008, 12:08 pm

Ya know, we can still tinker with the SB selections next year if we want......all we have to do is keep the same potential points the same for archive stats.

For example, instead of having each selection worth 2 points, we can double the number of selections, making each one worth only 1 point. That will make it even harder to win this thing lol

I like that idea!! Whaddya think?
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2560

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/26/2008, 12:15 pm

Don't bother me... not now... I'm pouring over the stats, trends, horiscopes, tea leaves, catapillar fuzz, and any and all historical data as well as background checks of all players and coaches.

This here is serious business.

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 1/26/2008, 1:55 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:Don't bother me... not now... I'm pouring over the stats, trends, horiscopes, tea leaves, catapillar fuzz, and any and all historical data as well as background checks of all players and coaches.

This here is serious business.

You want my Irsay pin cushion? works for me smile
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down