Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So how is everyone getting along?

Go down

So how is everyone getting along? Empty So how is everyone getting along?

Post  ColtsKurt on 3/23/2020, 6:19 am

Have enough food and basic supplies? Anyone showing symptoms? Any stories to tell?

My household is one that is the reason for all these lengths we're going to... suppressed immune system, heart & lung issues, over 60...
We've been "hunkered down" for 11 days now. It's amazing how much trash you generate when you stay home and actually cook your own meals. We've only eaten carry-out one time - and I'm questioning that decision. The restaurant business has been changed forever, I believe.
ColtsKurt
ColtsKurt
Speaker of the House

Number of posts : 3911
Location : Home of the 2006 SuperBowl Champion Indianapolis Colts
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

So how is everyone getting along? Empty Re: So how is everyone getting along?

Post  Magic on 3/23/2020, 2:28 pm

Hello CK

OK here at the Kingdom so far but all the grocery stores are empty of the usual food stuff we would buy (including Walmart,QFC,and Safeway)

We made a trip to Walmart last week to stock up but they only had a few things (NO SUGAR for the H-birds)

Good thing we went the week before that so we have enough food I think.

I was worried about the sugar supply here since we only had about 12lbs left and the birds eat it fast even with 12 feeders and I would buy 2 new feeders but didn't want to go to Home Depot where they have the bigger ones I use.

This morning the wife looked online and it said the Walmart we go to (20 miles each way) had lots of sugar including several 25lb bags .

So I get ready and make the drive over there and when I get to the sugar section all I see is about 100 of the 4lb bags.....so back outside to get a cart......I got 8 of them so we have 32lbs plus what I had already.

When I get back to the car the first thing I hear on the radio is that the Hood Canal floating bridge that I have to cross to get back home was closed to let ships through and that means sit and wait for about an hour but since I was on the end of the line closest to the bridge I got to be the first 50 cars to cross after that hour but I could see behind me was thousands of cars sitting on the highway waiting bs

Bowling alley I go to is closed up so I didn't make my monday drive over there.

So we will just stay home and watch tv for a couple weeks ....Oy Vey.

But then we don't have houses as close together as you have (yet)

Stay away from the germs over there Walther clan. cheerstoyou (no I don't have any beer here)

Magic
Magic
Cadre / Quantum Treasurer / King Moderator/CEO

Number of posts : 8101
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http:// https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  ColtsKurt on 3/24/2020, 5:50 pm

Plenty of beer, bourbon, and vodka to cure whatever that might ail me!

Our biggest worry at the moment is the Plaquenil the the bride has taken for years for her Lupus. It's the drug they think may make a difference... now she can't get any for her refill. Great. Took it all to test and left none for those already taking/needing it.
ColtsKurt
ColtsKurt
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic on 3/24/2020, 11:39 pm

I wouldn't mind a ale once in a while but the stores we go to don't have anything I would buy.

Can't you get that prescription from other pharmacies if yours runs out?
(they do that here) ........or give her 3 months worth at a time ( I get some of mine that way)

It sure seems like a prescription should be the easiest for the RX to send via the mail and they shouldn't have any excuse for running out of Plaquenil since it isn't like some of the drugs they give out by the bucket full these days.

I guess I better call in early for my hydrocodone since the new month is on April 3rd.

They say they are going to allow property tax to be paid late but that is something I never do so I will put that in the mail early as usual.

Yeah I had to look it up https://tinyurl.com/vwwzdo8

Good luck and hope she gets that asap.....oh and have an ale.....or a nice bourbon for me brother cheerstoyou

Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  ColtsKurt on 4/13/2020, 12:49 pm

So the bride has been away from work since mid January. Pre-virus. She went on FLMA for her back surgery.

We found out on Mar 29 that her boss - the Athletic Director at the HS where she's the department secretary - was showing symptoms and had self quarantined himself at home. He started having the telltale respiratory problems on 04/01 and his wife took him to the hospital ER.

Little did she know then that that would be the last time she ever saw or spoke to her husband.

On Easter Sunday, 04/12/2020, Paul Loggan died as a result of the Coronavirus. At age 57. If you watch the ABC or NBC Nightly news, you may have seen a bit on him. NBC showed a NCHS Athletic Dept photo that included Paul, my wife, and Andy Elkins for an extended time.

The school did something cool last night. They turned on the football stadium, baseball diamond, softball diamond, and soccer field lights and kept them lit all night in his honor. We got out to go check things out at about 8 pm last night. When we arrived, there must have been 250-300 cars in the parking lot. Lights off. Flashers on.
Very touching tribute to a great guy.

Paul was Anita's friend, compadre, boss, and confidant for over 20 years. I never worried about her at any event - no matter the time or place. Paul was always there and saw to it she was safe and everything was good.

FUCK YOU COVID-19! one_finger_salute bawlin angel pizzedoff bs
ColtsKurt
ColtsKurt
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic on 4/13/2020, 1:56 pm

Have you and your wife been tested if that is the case?
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  ColtsKurt on 4/13/2020, 5:41 pm

She hasn't seen him since the end of Jan, due to the surgery. Her surgery was 02/03, so she's been down and pretty much quarantined since then.

Besides, you can't get tested here, unless you're a first responder or get admitted with the symptoms AND respiratory issues. No opportunity for us to get tested, thanks to the tremendous lack of effort by our POS President and his banana republic administration.

ColtsKurt
ColtsKurt
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  ColtsKurt on 4/13/2020, 5:45 pm

As a follow-up tribute tonight high schools across the state are lighting their football stadiums at 7pm until dawn in his honor. Hundreds of them.
Pretty cool.
ColtsKurt
ColtsKurt
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum