Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Picks, Results and Standings

+7
R&R
BigDrew
cravnravn
IndyColt
wood20ks
Magic
=SA=
11 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Weekly Picks, Results and Standings - Page 4 Empty Re: Weekly Picks, Results and Standings

Post  cravnravn 11/15/2011, 6:07 am

Guess you havent noticed how the Ravens react to lesser teams?? lose to Jax, Lose to Tennessee, lose to Seattle.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Weekly Picks, Results and Standings - Page 4 Empty Re: Weekly Picks, Results and Standings

Post  Guest 11/15/2011, 8:29 am

cravnravn wrote:Guess you havent noticed how the Ravens react to lesser teams?? lose to Jax, Lose to Tennessee, lose to Seattle.

But those "lesser" teams are far superior to my beloved Colts... bawlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/20/2011, 9:42 am

Week 11 - Results and Standings for your printing pleasure.

Push, push, push. Have no fear, Cravn. At least you can't push the Giants game.

The bad news is...I hit a GOOSE EGG! wtf The good news is, that wasn't the worst set of picks as SwanShaft hit a SUPER GOOSE EGG! mischief

GET READY FOR THANKSGIVING DAY PICKS!!!

Last edited by BlueShoes1 on 11/22/2011, 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDrew 11/21/2011, 6:47 am

What a bad week ! hammerhead
BigDrew
BigDrew
Retired

Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2006-08-30

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/DrewBHolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 11/22/2011, 7:14 am

Blue, would you please update my standings to show: 11-9-2

I tied a Best Bet on Sunday.

If you'll do that, the next round of pure Everclear shots is on me whoa

BOOKIE CHALLENGE Weekly Picks, Results and Standings - Page 4 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/22/2011, 10:21 am

Done! Thanks for pointing that out. Had the same issue with a few other players and they've been corrected as well.

Now, where's that EverClear?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/24/2011, 4:35 am

Thanksgiving Results and Standings for your printing pleasure.

A Parlay from Arkman and a Perfecta from Shameless! Nice goin' (not). Division races are tightening up quicker than Hillary Clinton after she found out about Bubba's interns. Well, except for ColtsKurt, that is. He's way, way back there in the rear view mirror. clap

Last edited by BlueShoes1 on 11/25/2011, 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 11/24/2011, 1:02 pm

BlueShoes1 wrote:Done! Thanks for pointing that out. Had the same issue with a few other players and they've been corrected as well.

Now, where's that EverClear?

Here you go Norm smile

I bought this bottle of Everclear back in 1980 and saved it for New Years Eve 1999-2000

Opened it on that day and took one drink and that was the last time I ever did something like that ohshit

That was back when we were all moving from the NFL.com boards to ESPN and here we are after all those years.

It still is pretty much full as you can imagine.

Weekly Picks, Results and Standings - Page 4 Everclearp

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic

Number of posts : 8780

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/24/2011, 1:14 pm

Holy carp! 190 proof and "aged" > 30 years!! That would kill me and I'm not ready to go yet, that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/24/2011, 6:49 pm

Had some tastes of local apple, cherry, and oak 'shine Wednesday. I always was partial to apples. Be interesting to know what proof the "dew" is...

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 11/24/2011, 9:06 pm

Yep, that stuff is nasty. I've heard stories of a couple of people going blind, literally losing their sight because they drank too much of that grain poison.

That stuff is rocket fuel. You can pour that bottle into your gas tank and your zero-to-60 time will improve bigtime.

Ever since I drank half of that bottle of tequila, I feel sick just looking at the hard stuff. All I can do now is drink beer
hammerhead

Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/25/2011, 5:32 am

mighty_colts wrote:

Ever since I drank half of that bottle of tequila, I feel sick just looking at the hard stuff. All I can do now is drink beer
hammerhead

Well, I'm a fan of the small batch bourbon. I enjoy trying the different brands - on ice - when I go places to eat. Woodford Reserve, Makers 46, and Old Pogue suit my fancy just fine! My cabinet always has on of the three just waiting.
Ever since the Baltic Sea cruise, I've had a fancy for the vodka as well. Again, on the rocks... Had some really good ones over there...
Sounds like I'm quite the boozer... not really, just enjoy a sip here and there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/25/2011, 5:38 am

BlueShoes1 wrote: Well, except for ColtsKurt, that is. He's way, way back there in the rear view mirror. clap

Thanks, Blue. Don't bother sending your Christmas list. I went out early today and already got yours. An early peek...

one_finger_salute

Back to top Go down

Weekly Picks, Results and Standings - Page 4 Empty The Booze thread

Post  Magic 11/25/2011, 1:25 pm

Just for those who don't know.....

There is only one like Everclear 190 proof which means it is 95% pure alcohol

It is illegal just about every where.

I guess my bottle is pretty rare since I got it from Alaska in 1980 and the bottle has 1979 printed on the bottom. (I looked it up and this is the first year)

I hear you can get it in Pennsylvania but this stuff was always used to mix in a bowl of punch or something at party's because it starts to evaporate in your mouth if you try it straight.

The first time I ever tried it I was 15 and this goofy kid in my HS brought it to school in a quart jar and hid it in the bathroom at the woodshop class so we each went in during class to take a drink ohshit

And my Mom thought moving us from the city to over here in the middle of nowhere when I was 13 would keep us out of trouble too.

BIG mistake.

I almost got a bottle of that fancy "Kurt" whiskey the other day "Makers Mark" since our left-wing State just voted the liquor and wine stores out and for the first time in over 100 years we will soon have Jack Daniels at Costco sucks

But I firgured since I never drink the stuff (quit when I was 29) I would leave that to Kurt smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic

Number of posts : 8780

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 11/25/2011, 11:00 pm

I bought 151 proof rum in the Dominican a few years back...Killed it chug

But in these parts Ive had my share of "shine" theres plenty of corn in these parts. santa

Dont like the stuff, as a matter of fact theres about 4 oz of the home remedy in the garage freezer, its been there for 3 years, not a single ice crystal has formed..Now I know why they refer to it as anti freeze.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  beerme 11/26/2011, 4:40 pm

BlueShoes1 wrote:Week 11 - Results and Standings for your printing pleasure.

BlueShoes1 wrote:Thanksgiving Results and Standings for your printing pleasure.

just checking to see if this is right?

looks like swanshaft picked up an extra point between ending week 11 and starting turkey day?

beerme
I actually prefer malt to beer

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/26/2011, 5:39 pm

beerme wrote:
BlueShoes1 wrote:Week 11 - Results and Standings for your printing pleasure.

BlueShoes1 wrote:Thanksgiving Results and Standings for your printing pleasure.

just checking to see if this is right?

looks like swanshaft picked up an extra point between ending week 11 and starting turkey day?

Dam, you're good. Thanks for catching that and letting me know. I hate doing this stuff sometimes. So easy to slip up and make errors so I'm glad for the quick feedback so I can fix things before they really become a big problem. So, now you have the two point lead you were hoping for. happy2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/26/2011, 5:43 pm

Week 12 - Current Standings for your printing pleasure.

Wow! Lots of green this week...one parlay (ColtsKurt), three perfectas (Arkman, BlueShoes, Wood20Ks), and one true perfecta (Mighty_Colts)!

Nice goin' gang!!

On another note, kobesgame has been credited with her picks (and one best bet winner). She was unable to get on the site on Sunday morning to post her picks and emailed them in (to SA who passed them onto Blue and Magic) prior to Sunday's kickoff. Mighty voted to allow the picks to apply. No biggy but, kobes, in the future if you have trouble getting on the site to post picks, email those picks to BlueShoes1@comcast.net or MillionDollarBill@hotmail.com.

Back to top Go down

Post  arkman40 11/29/2011, 11:03 am

Thanksgiving week....2 parlays, 1 perfecta, 10 points, into first place

one_finger_salute hahaha
arkman40
arkman40
Retired

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/29/2011, 11:09 am

Eh-Say... here I come! I finally broke out of my slump - sure wish I could talk about my slump-buster, but not that lucky (Ryne Sandberg reference) - so you better watch out! Arkman, you may be just beyond my reach, but I'm putting you on notice, too!

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 11/30/2011, 6:54 am

*ahem*

Uhhhh.......

WHO DA MAN??? shout

HUH????? shout

7 points booya!!!! pecker

MIGHTY_COLTS, YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU, MIGHTY_COLTS!!!!!

Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/30/2011, 7:12 am

Perfectas and True Perfectas have ways of making DIVISION LEADERS!

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 11/30/2011, 7:14 am

They do tend to do that hellyes

Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/30/2011, 7:16 am

Kinda nice lookin' down upon all the peons, isn't it? booya (For now, anyway)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/2/2011, 5:15 pm

Week 13 - Results and Standings for your printing pleasure.

Ouch! Arkman, currently the leader in the Ark division hits a GOOSE EGG after the early games. Rushing right into it, huh, Ark? And, something's going on in the Fresh division -- THREE PARLAYS! WTF??!!

Last edited by BlueShoes1 on 12/6/2011, 5:44 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next