Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK I've been playing poker again..

3 posters

Go down

OK  I've been playing poker again.. Empty OK I've been playing poker again..

Post  dblshockpwr 11/21/2007, 4:53 pm

But i hit for 500 chips in the last few days...

Why do I need a job again?

6 tourneys, 4 final tables and 3 finishes in the money..
If I could hit for a grand a week I'd be a happy man... LOL
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

OK  I've been playing poker again.. Empty Re: OK I've been playing poker again..

Post  cravnravn 11/22/2007, 1:47 am

Because theres a reason they call it gambling and not a job, Your luck is going to run out. The way you are NOW with your streak, is the way Ive been since the breeders cup with the ponies, Ive cashed out for over a grand since the cup and the account is at 350.00 today. Its an easy game aint it??LOL I know better.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

OK  I've been playing poker again.. Empty Re: OK I've been playing poker again..

Post  BirdsofSilence 11/22/2007, 9:30 am

Ahhh, but poker is a skill. There are games around here I am not welcome at anymore. I have now learned to let someone with a big mouth win every once in a while so that they can talk their smack, and then I take their money for the next 5 nights.

Sure there are bad beats (I have seen my fair share), but I do this in person and not on a website because it almost always will hit you with more bad beats than in a normal card game (at least it does for me.)

BirdsofSilence
Birds of a freakin' feather frock the fluckin' flock of foul Fowl...wtf!!

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 11/23/2007, 9:16 am

Exactley...

luck has very little to do with it at this point, Of course I was kidding about quitting my job... But i think I'm going to let my stake money ride and see just where it goes this time.

I'm going to play in a Knockout tourney later tonight, (AKA headhunter tourney..) Each player has "bounty" on them as far as how they've performed in other tourneys... and as you knock out players in the tourney, the "bounty" gets credited to your stake account....

Good stuff there!!
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

OK  I've been playing poker again.. Empty As you celebrate this holiday season please remember..

Post  dblshockpwr 11/23/2007, 9:22 am

To say a little prayer for our servicemen and their families..

My cousin Travis has been in Afghanistan since the war started and has only been home once for 30 days since sept 11.

He's currently patrolling the Pakistani/Afghan border still searching for the bloody murderer responsible for 9/11.

He's Forrest Recon and is one of our countries very best...

Lots of other folks are sacrificing just as much and more.

No matter what your political beleifs, keep these folks in your prayers....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdsofSilence 11/23/2007, 12:39 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:Exactley...

luck has very little to do with it at this point, Of course I was kidding about quitting my job... But i think I'm going to let my stake money ride and see just where it goes this time.

I'm going to play in a Knockout tourney later tonight, (AKA headhunter tourney..) Each player has "bounty" on them as far as how they've performed in other tourneys... and as you knock out players in the tourney, the "bounty" gets credited to your stake account....

Good stuff there!!

I think I am a pretty good poker player, but my sister in law has got to be the luckiest player in the world! She has knocked me out the last two times we have played on the river with shit cards. Oh well, that shit happens but TWICE! Not to mention I had a side bet with her and lost that sucker too.

I want a rematch!!

BirdsofSilence

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdsofSilence 11/23/2007, 12:40 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:To say a little prayer for our servicemen and their families..

My cousin Travis has been in Afghanistan since the war started and has only been home once for 30 days since sept 11.

He's currently patrolling the Pakistani/Afghan border still searching for the bloody murderer responsible for 9/11.

He's Forrest Recon and is one of our countries very best...

Lots of other folks are sacrificing just as much and more.

No matter what your political beleifs, keep these folks in your prayers....

I got you on that one, and if he DOES find him, does he get to partake in the bounty?!??!?! I think those guys deserve to.

BirdsofSilence

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 11/24/2007, 2:05 am

See

Easy come , easy go 2 days my account was at 350.00, Thanksgiving day dropped 200.00 playing the ponies from Mom's house. And the sad part is, I see this horse that "cant be beat" So I wheel an exacta with him on top of 3 other long shot horses, well you guessed it, the 35-1 shot nailed the fav on the wire, 264.00 exacta down the drain. Thats how I got the nick name of Ritchie Rich.

Tell you cuz Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 11/24/2007, 12:54 pm

cravnravn wrote:See

Easy come , easy go 2 days my account was at 350.00, Thanksgiving day dropped 200.00 playing the ponies from Mom's house. And the sad part is, I see this horse that "cant be beat" So I wheel an exacta with him on top of 3 other long shot horses, well you guessed it, the 35-1 shot nailed the fav on the wire, 264.00 exacta down the drain. Thats how I got the nick name of Ritchie Rich.

Tell you cuz Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poker is different from the ponies though Cravn... In a tourney I MIGHT see the flop 20% of the time...... And I can usually spot the other players betting patterns on certain hands and connector cards they are dealt...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 11/25/2007, 3:38 am

How is it different? in the ponies I bet a flop 25% of the time. fucking nags.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 11/25/2007, 9:27 am

cravnravn wrote:How is it different? in the ponies I bet a flop 25% of the time. fucking nags.

LOL Kinda like how you pick for the challenge then right? hellyes

Sorry Buddy I couldn't resist!! cheerstoyou
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 11/25/2007, 9:34 am

BirdsofSilence wrote:
dblshockpwr wrote:Exactley...

Good stuff there!!

I think I am a pretty good poker player, but my sister in law has got to be the luckiest player in the world! She has knocked me out the last two times we have played on the river with shit cards. Oh well, that shit happens but TWICE! Not to mention I had a side bet with her and lost that sucker too.

I want a rematch!!

Yeah Birds every now and again somebody will get lucky with rags, but if you just play hands that you know are winners it doesn't happen very often..

Shoot last night in that knockout tourney I came up with Kh Qh in the blinds and flopped 10d Js and Ac.... So I checked the hand off to slow play the table and see if could find any callers later... Sure enough a guy in much later position puts up a big bet, I take him over the top..(at this point he was pot committed and had no choice but to call) I turn over my nuts and he turns over 2 pair J's and A's.... river comes and he gets lucky and hits the last J in the deck...... But you know as well as I do that doesn't happen too often....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down