I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  dblshockpwr on 4/13/2014, 6:35 am

I'm over the fucking cold and the snow.


or maybe Arizona.
avatar
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2261
Age : 45
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  cravnravn on 4/13/2014, 7:20 am

Well Shock,I can show you around Times are still tough here so have a job lined up, if you have a job you can buy so much home. My home up north would be a half a million, down here it's under 100,000
avatar
cravnravn
I moved Baltimore to Florida

Number of posts : 5813
Age : 56
Location : Deltona, FL, Fizzled Out
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  dblshockpwr on 4/13/2014, 7:58 am

cravnravn wrote:Well Shock,I can show you around Times are still tough here so have a job lined up, if you have a job you can buy so much home. My home up north would be a half a million, down here it's under 100,000

I wouldn't be buying anything to start out with Cravn, My parents do have a condo there and I might be able to convince them to let me stay there until I can find a place.


Hell it's just me, I could buy a flipping sailboat and live on that.


The easy life Mon...


After the surgery the cold just destroyed me this winter.... Might be time to roll out of here.

So what are the crappy areas to avoid?
avatar
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2261
Age : 45
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  dblshockpwr on 4/13/2014, 8:02 am

LOL I could Soooo see myself doing this...
http://www.bwss.com/courses.html
avatar
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2261
Age : 45
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  cravnravn on 4/13/2014, 9:43 am

We are heading to the beach now, bow'crazy is that the first weekend in April?
avatar
cravnravn
I moved Baltimore to Florida

Number of posts : 5813
Age : 56
Location : Deltona, FL, Fizzled Out
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  dblshockpwr on 4/13/2014, 2:09 pm

So Cravn, how about 77th and 9th street? is that a crappy area?


I did some online searches today, and if I decide to do it I don't think I would have a problem finding gainful employment there.  bounce 


avatar
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2261
Age : 45
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  cravnravn on 4/14/2014, 3:41 am

dblshockpwr wrote:So Cravn, how about 77th and 9th street? is that a crappy area?


I did some online searches today, and if I decide to do it I don't think I would have a problem finding gainful employment there.   bounce 



What town 9 th in Daytona I'd say no, 9th in New Smyrna yes.
avatar
cravnravn
I moved Baltimore to Florida

Number of posts : 5813
Age : 56
Location : Deltona, FL, Fizzled Out
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  dblshockpwr on 4/15/2014, 12:40 pm

cravnravn wrote:
dblshockpwr wrote:So Cravn, how about 77th and 9th street? is that a crappy area?


I did some online searches today, and if I decide to do it I don't think I would have a problem finding gainful employment there.   bounce 



What town 9 th in Daytona I'd say no, 9th in New Smyrna yes.

Tampa
avatar
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2261
Age : 45
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  dblshockpwr on 4/15/2014, 12:41 pm

I am thinking I could do it after the 4rth of July really...
avatar
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2261
Age : 45
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  cravnravn on 4/15/2014, 2:53 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:
cravnravn wrote:
dblshockpwr wrote:So Cravn, how about 77th and 9th street? is that a crappy area?


I did some online searches today, and if I decide to do it I don't think I would have a problem finding gainful employment there.   bounce 



What town 9 th in Daytona I'd say no, 9th in New Smyrna yes.

Tampa

Mr Norm will be better suited to inform you about the Gulf side, Im an Atlantic dude myself..
avatar
cravnravn
I moved Baltimore to Florida

Number of posts : 5813
Age : 56
Location : Deltona, FL, Fizzled Out
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  Magic on 4/15/2014, 3:29 pm


Depends on what type of weather you want all year IndyStar

If I was going south it would be AZ or Texas and of course you can live by lakes or the ocean down there and they don't have the wind storms like Florida and a few other southern States.

If money fell from the sky and landed in my yard I would go check several places down in AZ and Texas and I know a guy that lives in south Texas close to those islands in the gulf and he says it is the best and they rarely have any wind storms and he said if he wants to see snow he has to head up to north Texas.

And of course lots of famous places are a fairly close drive down there like the Grand Canyon and all those parts of Monument Valley.

I will let Cravn take care of Florida  lol 

I am not a *boat* person but the wife likes looking at the ocean so I guess I would buy some waterfront down on the Gulf.


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Magic
Treasurer - BC Emperor

Number of posts : 7501
Age : 59
Location : Mount Zion
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://BookieChallenge.com

Back to top Go down

A couple Eclipse pictures

Post  Magic on 4/15/2014, 3:32 pm

I know a guy who lives in Australia and he has a nice camera and telescope so here are 2 of the pics from last night down there.







_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Magic
Treasurer - BC Emperor

Number of posts : 7501
Age : 59
Location : Mount Zion
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://BookieChallenge.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  cravnravn on 4/16/2014, 12:23 am

Nice pictures!!!!

And just to set the record straight, as a crow flies I'm 9 miles off the Atlantic my home was built in 1989, it has suffered no reportable damage from any hurricane or tropical storm. I would wager to say more tropical storms and hurricanes hit in the gulf then the east coast of Florida. I mean they built a Joe's crab shack in the Atlantic ocean. We don't pay billions for beach replenishment like they do up north because of the lands curviture down here, hell they spend too much dredging for the cruise ships coming and going out of Cape Canaveral.

All in all the east coast of Florida is probably the safest when it comes to storm areas, storms prefer the warmer gulf and once they form in the gulf, Texas is a huge bullseye, I recall the Texans/Ravens game getting postponed because of a hurricane, the nfl screwed Baltimore over again and forced us into a bye week the second week of the season.
avatar
cravnravn
I moved Baltimore to Florida

Number of posts : 5813
Age : 56
Location : Deltona, FL, Fizzled Out
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  Magic on 4/16/2014, 2:40 am



Well what I am talking about as far as those storms and my pick of waterfront in Texas is all west of Houston over from the South Padre Island over east to  the North Padre Island and Corpus Christi and Matagorda Bay

Even Trinity Bay south of Houston is nice.

The storm area is all east of there across Louisiana,Mississippi,Alabama,and Georgia along the Gulf area.

But August.September,and October are when they get the most wind storms and I am not a fan of living in flood zones or on the edge of a cliff OR the bottom of a cliff like just happened in north central Washington a few weeks ago.

Andrew and Katrina are the only BIG ones since your house was built and most of that hit the east side of the Florida pecker peninsula  lol  but Katrina did come right over your area in august 2005 so it is good that you were still up north for that one.

Of course you did say GW was the one that caused that hurricane with his mystical powers  joker 

I actually prefer being where I am since in my entire life we have had ONE major wind storm way back in Feb 1979

And that one did no damage to anything I owned back then.

We have all the islands we need and mountains and Puget Sound and the Strait of Juan De Fuca  and the Pacific Ocean and huge rivers........and if you are a rich guy you could have a mansion on Mercer Island in the middle of Lake Washington on the east side of Seattle.

Or own lots of land here on the Olympic Peninsula where the elk run free along with the bears and deer and cougars and bobcats  clap 

And our rain forests.

We have it all in Washington ( just wish certain types of people would move to SF  Rolling Eyes  )

But don't tell anyone it is nice here and make sure you say it rains every day so we don't get any more!!

You can check it out right here with our BC *who is here* map and satellite view.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Magic
Treasurer - BC Emperor

Number of posts : 7501
Age : 59
Location : Mount Zion
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://BookieChallenge.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  cravnravn on 4/16/2014, 3:43 am

Charlie in 2006 did the most damage to eastern Florida since Andrew, hell there are still neighborhoods that have blue tarps on their roofs because allstate pulled out claiming they were out of money.


When our time comes it's time where exactly is a safe zone in this country? I'm not going to let weather dictate where I live. And I95 is so close to the Atlantic from Florida to Maine it's senseless to even make a run for it, if a storm decides to come ashore on the eastern side.
avatar
cravnravn
I moved Baltimore to Florida

Number of posts : 5813
Age : 56
Location : Deltona, FL, Fizzled Out
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  dblshockpwr on 4/16/2014, 7:21 am

Ah the hell with it, if the Yellowstone Caldera lets loose we all screwed anyway.

I was researching live aboard sailboats and found more than a few in my price range and there are slips I can rent that are around 250 a month right there in Bradenton.

With the speed of todays mobile networks I could be perfectly happy and content living that way. Flat screen TV, a laptop cell phone and a tablet and I am content. I already have a Jeep and it will be paid off soon as well.

LOL I've got ways and means to do this.

Very, very tempting at this point because it is very, very doable.
avatar
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2261
Age : 45
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  BlueShoes1 on 4/16/2014, 8:53 pm

Bradenton works. My sister lives there and it's inland from Anna Maria Iskand where I go in March. The intercoastal waterways along the gulf coast make for some nice boating options. I'd buy a place and move there now if I were 10 years younger.
avatar
BlueShoes1
Retired

Number of posts : 2437
Age : 71
Location : Amish Country PA
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  cravnravn on 4/17/2014, 3:01 am

dblshockpwr wrote:Ah the hell with it, if the Yellowstone Caldera lets loose we all screwed anyway.

I was researching live aboard sailboats and found more than a few in my price range and there are slips I can rent that are around 250 a month right there in Bradenton.

With the speed of todays mobile networks I could be perfectly happy and content living that way. Flat screen TV, a laptop cell phone and a tablet and I am content. I already have a Jeep and it will be paid off soon as well.

LOL I've got ways and means to do this.

Very, very tempting at this point because it is very, very doable.

I have a retired man who runs trucks for us on Fridays, he has his 68 ft sail boat for sale. He's a retired navy guy getting up there in age. He tells me he takes 6 weeks a year and sails the Caribbean. He's been doing this for the past 20 years. The man is 78 and works 1 day a week for his "pirates brew"
avatar
cravnravn
I moved Baltimore to Florida

Number of posts : 5813
Age : 56
Location : Deltona, FL, Fizzled Out
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  Magic on 4/17/2014, 3:27 am

Hell a boat that size is probably over $250,000

My Mrs made them for about 20 years and I remember just a 52ft was over $250,000 last I checked.


If somebody gave me one I would sell it asap  lol 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Magic
Treasurer - BC Emperor

Number of posts : 7501
Age : 59
Location : Mount Zion
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://BookieChallenge.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  dblshockpwr on 4/17/2014, 8:22 am

cravnravn wrote:
dblshockpwr wrote:Ah the hell with it, if the Yellowstone Caldera lets loose we all screwed anyway.

I was researching live aboard sailboats and found more than a few in my price range and there are slips I can rent that are around 250 a month right there in Bradenton.

With the speed of todays mobile networks I could be perfectly happy and content living that way. Flat screen TV, a laptop cell phone and a tablet and I am content. I already have a Jeep and it will be paid off soon as well.

LOL I've got ways and means to do this.

Very, very tempting at this point because it is very, very doable.

I have a retired man who runs trucks for us on Fridays, he has his 68 ft sail boat for sale. He's a retired navy guy getting up there in age. He tells me he takes 6 weeks a year and sails the Caribbean. He's been doing this for the past 20 years. The man is 78 and works 1 day a week for his "pirates brew"

Holy crap, I could never afford a 68 footer, let alone be able to sail the damn thing I'm thinking a 28-32' would be all I could handle.

a 32' live aboard would be about the size of a big studio apartment,
avatar
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2261
Age : 45
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  dblshockpwr on 4/17/2014, 9:16 am

I was thinking more like this one. http://panamacity.craigslist.org/boa/4421892124.html
avatar
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2261
Age : 45
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  ColtsKurt on 4/17/2014, 9:36 am

dblshockpwr wrote:I was thinking more like this one. http://panamacity.craigslist.org/boa/4421892124.html

Better get yourself the luxury dinghy...
avatar
ColtsKurt
Speaker of the House

Number of posts : 3756
Age : 60
Location : Home of the 2006 SuperBowl Champion Indianapolis Colts
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  cravnravn on 4/18/2014, 4:45 am

Drew and his fiancee(shhhhhhh it's still a secret) will be down for a visit in June, I'm renting a 24ft 12 person pontoon boat, if my Mrs doesn't puke, that will be my signal to and start looking to buy  drinkbeer 
avatar
cravnravn
I moved Baltimore to Florida

Number of posts : 5813
Age : 56
Location : Deltona, FL, Fizzled Out
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  dblshockpwr on 4/27/2014, 11:20 am

I've decided that I am going to wait until next year.  Save all the money I can and head out next spring.

So I can buy a bigger boat... LOL
avatar
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2261
Age : 45
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  cravnravn on 4/28/2014, 5:45 am

dblshockpwr wrote:I've decided that I am going to wait until next year.  Save all the money I can and head out next spring.

So I can buy a bigger boat... LOL

good choice, never make a life changing decision without pondering it over for atleast a year. We thought about this move for 2 years..
avatar
cravnravn
I moved Baltimore to Florida

Number of posts : 5813
Age : 56
Location : Deltona, FL, Fizzled Out
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm considering a relocation to Florida.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum