Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic you will have to check out Chromecast

3 posters

Go down

Magic you will have to check out Chromecast Empty Magic you will have to check out Chromecast

Post  dblshockpwr 9/3/2013, 4:40 pm

Got mine in the mail today..

Lets you wirelessly project your google chrome tabs or your whole desktop to your HDTV wirelessly, all for $35.

Good shit!
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Magic you will have to check out Chromecast Empty Re: Magic you will have to check out Chromecast

Post  Guest 9/3/2013, 5:09 pm

Got mine on Saturday.  YouTube HD stuff is clear as a bell.  BUT...I'm still running Windows XP (I refused Windows 7, Vista, and Windows 8 ) and Chrome's necessary Chromecast extension does not run on XP.  bs 

Sucks because I was planning on streaming the pirated Colts games from Chrome to my Chromecast TV.  

Netflix also supports the Chromecast and others are "in the queue" to upgrade (Hulu is one of them).  Don't think Amazon Prime (which I have) will ever support it because they're locked into the Kindle Fire and it's bastardized Android layer.

Back to top Go down

Magic you will have to check out Chromecast Empty Re: Magic you will have to check out Chromecast

Post  Magic 9/3/2013, 5:21 pm

I usually just plug mine in with a USB cable but don't do this very often since it was just for getting the games or boxing free off the laptop but lately those sports site have sucked with all the pop-up scams and wanting you to D/L some programs they say you need.

I don't trust the weasels so I probably won't try to get the Colts games that way this season unless a better site starts and I'm not paying for any of those packages.

If it was just for the Colts game and they charged a dollar I would do it.

I doubt the Colts-Raiders will be on in Seattle so I probably will only see highlights bluehoo 

I have watched a couple tv shows that I missed since some channels will give you that the next week but I usually have enough on the Dish even though I pay for 250 channels and only watch about 15 max

I am thinking about a SSD since one of my pc's died last night when I tried to do a clean reinstall of Win7 and it didn't work so then I tried to use my XP Pro disc and halfway through it said it had a couple errors and said I could just skip and continue and the next thing I know it stopped loading so I reboot and now it dows nothing but try to reboot over and over and says it has no OS and I looked at the F-11 several times as far as settings.

Pisses me off since it is for my Max Planck-Einstein grid.

I ran the tests and it said the HD,Ram,and CPU work fine.

And it has a new GPU,PSU,and 8GB ram.

Wish I had a box with a MB and III version of Intel quad 3.4,and the HD already had the OS loaded and I would just add all the parts I know that work.

Those damn bare bone kits cost too damn much and I sure don't need a new box for them.

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8779
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 9/3/2013, 5:35 pm

BlueShoes1 wrote:Got mine on Saturday.  YouTube HD stuff is clear as a bell.  BUT...I'm still running Windows XP (I refused Windows 7, Vista, and Windows 8 ) and Chrome's necessary Chromecast extension does not run on XP.  bs 

Sucks because I was planning on streaming the pirated Colts games from Chrome to my Chromecast TV.  

Netflix also supports the Chromecast and others are "in the queue" to upgrade (Hulu is one of them).  Don't think Amazon Prime (which I have) will ever support it because they're locked into the Kindle Fire and it's bastardized Android layer.
I got a Nexus 7 on Sat, and it works GREAT with that tablet... Seems to be a little buggy with OSX right now (keeps losing the device) Works well with Windows 8 and Ubuntu though.

full desktop sharing is a little wonky in every system right now it seems.

XP Blue? That OS is on it's last legs Blue! Support is officially over in April.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 9/3/2013, 6:12 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:

XP Blue?  That OS is on it's last legs Blue!  Support is officially over in April.
Funny thing is I still have 2 running 24/7 with XP Pro and they never fail me clap 

I keep them up to date and don't care if that last day from Microsoft starts since it won't matter.

AND Outlook Express is still better than what Win7 and 8 have.

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/3/2013, 6:30 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:
BlueShoes1 wrote:Got mine on Saturday.  YouTube HD stuff is clear as a bell.  BUT...I'm still running Windows XP (I refused Windows 7, Vista, and Windows 8 ) and Chrome's necessary Chromecast extension does not run on XP.  bs 

I got a Nexus 7 on Sat, and it works GREAT with that tablet... Seems to be a little buggy with OSX right now (keeps losing the device)  Works well with Windows 8 and Ubuntu though.

full desktop sharing is a little wonky in every system right now it seems.

XP Blue?  That OS is on it's last legs Blue!  Support is officially over in April.
I will keep XP until my desktop dies! Since I got the Galaxy Tab I use that about 75% of the time anyway. Only use the Dell (which is about 7 years old!) when I'm doing scanning, photo editing, doing web page setup (for the Bookie Challenge and a few other sites I maintain) and that's about it. I love the Galaxy Tab (it's an 8"). That's what I ended up using for the netflix and YouTube checks of Chromecast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 9/3/2013, 9:12 pm

BlueShoes1 wrote:
I will keep XP until my desktop dies!  Since I got the Galaxy Tab I use that about 75% of the time anyway.  Only use the Dell (which is about 7 years old!) when I'm doing scanning, photo editing, doing web page setup (for the Bookie Challenge and a few other sites I maintain) and that's about it.  I love the Galaxy Tab (it's an 8").  That's what I ended up using for the netflix and YouTube checks of Chromecast.  
See how us old timers are?

lol 

XP Pro will never die........your processor or video card will die first......or the power supply....or the fans......

Just copy the HD or use the same one in a new pc if that ever happens hellyes 

Never like Vista and I was ok with Win7 until last nights debacle.

But I do still have 3 Win7's running with the 2 XP Pro's

And for some strange reason I seem to be able to do anything I need to do (mad scientist/geek)

Just wish I had the 2 XP's running in the quad-cores instead of the 3-cores they started in.

Here is my grid I started 1-18-2005 (and the year before @ CERN)

But then one of these days when I build the new one it will have a Win8 even though they actually owe me the free disc and they never sent it to me (for buying this laptop 15 months ago)

Mine only get to rest when the power goes out......which I hope never happens needhelp 

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 9/4/2013, 3:07 am

Yo Mr Norm, If you want I will send you my login and password for Direct TV's NFL Ticket, That way you can see them on your tablet
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/4/2013, 5:16 am

cravnravn wrote:

Yo Mr Norm, If you want I will send you my login and password for Direct TV's NFL Ticket, That way you can see them on your tablet
Does a bear crap in the woods?

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 9/4/2013, 11:03 pm

BlueShoes1 wrote:

Hmmmm....that's not how I remember that old saying joker 

Reminds me of that old "Daniel Boone" song from the 60's when we watched that tv show back then (1964–1970) wink 

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 9/5/2013, 12:46 am

Magic wrote:
BlueShoes1 wrote:
Hmmmm....that's not how I remember that old saying joker 

Reminds me of that old "Daniel Boone" song from the 60's when we watched that tv show back then (1964–1970) wink 

lol that was a great tune Twisted Evil 
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 9/5/2013, 1:05 am

BlueShoes1 wrote:
cravnravn wrote:

Magic you will have to check out Chromecast 51QvKrCoDoL._SS500_
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/5/2013, 6:32 am

cravnravn wrote:
BlueShoes1 wrote:
cravnravn wrote:

Magic you will have to check out Chromecast 51QvKrCoDoL._SS500_
Back at you...check your messages.

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 9/5/2013, 4:07 pm

So who else thinks that Cravn should share with the whole class now? wink 
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 9/5/2013, 5:24 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:So who else thinks that Cravn should share with the whole class now? wink 
I think that should be a BC Rule hellyes 

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down