Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REST IN PEACE

3 posters

Go down

REST IN PEACE Empty REST IN PEACE

Post  Magic 2/15/2013, 4:26 pm

REST IN PEACE Computersandthemancave0

I drove all the way to town and back twice today to haul old pc's and parts to the Goodwill recycle place.

This one was my very first pc which I first used to look up the NFL/Colts @ NFL.com on a message board there I ran into this group of guys you may have heard of. (PIII 500 started with Win 98SE and changed to XP Pro in 2001)

99Colts and Blueshoes1 and several others on the NFL boards and as the boards started crashing on us I discovered the ESPN version that just happened to be the very same boards (Go.com) used on both sites........first ran into this cat known as mighty_colts and for a couple weeks we went back and forth visiting each others board.

Ran into others over there too after that........one you may recall is over on the MLB site bragging about how he is the one that came up with the Bookie Challenge and how this season was the best ever .....even better than his early years running this thing called the Bookie Challenge........of course he should get a TUI (typing under the influence) since it is as silly as ever and it looks like it was on the last page of a small town newspaper with the style of a pencil scratching on a piece of scrap paper lol

So along with that pc went my first monitor.....btw it weighed a ton and was so big it barely fit in the trunk.

In my first trip to town I brought them 8 old pc's and 8 separate power supplies and some other old parts.

Second trip I brought them that huge monitor along with a couple other ones and 3 printers,an old keyboard a pile of wires and cables and all that was attached to them and a crappy old laptop.......I told the guy there a couple of the things could actually just be sold at the store since it still worked and I almost never used one of those printers.....but I have a feeling they will just toss it all in a truck once it comes to town.

ALL this junk pile/stash was upstairs in my Man Cave I have been working on for a couple years and thinking about for 10 years (my house turned 10 on January 21st)

So I hauled all of this down to the kitchen last night just to get the show on the road and it turned out today is a nice sunny day here for this time of year.

So here is that mountain of steel and circuit boards and the rest that filled my trunk twice and the rest in the back seat of my Chrysler 300M

Of course I still have 6 computers here running 24/7 and saved 2 in my parts stash but my Man Cave sure got cleared out and ready for some more work!!

.,...and a current pic of the project and it was a lot of work just getting this far since I do it all by myself.

Last edited by Magic on 2/16/2013, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8779
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

REST IN PEACE Empty Re: REST IN PEACE

Post  cravnravn 2/16/2013, 3:07 am

How old are those towers? you know there is gold in the mother boards?
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/16/2013, 11:50 am

cravnravn wrote:How old are those towers? you know there is gold in the mother boards?

Well the oldest were from the late 1990's and all the rest between 2000 and 2009.

That's why I give it all to the Goodwill so they can sell any usable stuff and recycle the rest.

Not enough gold for me to just stash and look at.

I will take the gold I see those guys get on the 2 tv shows up in Alaska on the land and under the ocean lol

Imagine 1000 ounces
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/16/2013, 2:13 pm

Magic wrote:
I will take the gold I see those guys get on the 2 tv shows up in Alaska on the land and under the ocean lol

Imagine 1000 ounces

Think I dive for the beauty, serenity, and relaxation? Well, yeah, but stumbling upon some pirate's booty would be nice too... dance

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/16/2013, 3:59 pm

Send those towers to me, Gold is 1700 an ounce, jimminy christmas Magic, you of all throwing away hundreds of dollars...

Im a silver whore myself, Im melting down my moms silverware we just moved down here, she'll never know
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/16/2013, 7:30 pm

cravnravn wrote:
Im a silver whore myself, Im melting down my moms silverware we just moved down here, she'll never know

Good lord, John. At least wait till she's gone...

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 2/17/2013, 6:43 am

Ah yes, I kinda miss my first machine, a Compaq.

I think it had a 400 megabyte hard drive, and it didin't have a processor.....I had to do all the calculations myself unripebooya

Yep, I remember first meeting up with Magic and Blue. I also remember telling Magic, why don't you just come on over to the ESPN board?

Once the Board Crew was put together, the ESPN boards were never the same lol

As for Miguel......I have to admit, the dude had his moments smile

BOOKIE CHALLENGE REST IN PEACE 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2560

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/17/2013, 6:49 am

ColtsKurt wrote:
cravnravn wrote:

Good lord, John. At least wait till she's gone...

She was throwing it away..Its from 1885,
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/17/2013, 6:59 am

Yup, thanks to Magic, I had the best ESPN profile, year was 2000 I just had my 3rd back surgery, couldnt sleep, so I cranked up the old dial up and E-Machine, and sure enough Magic be lurking and I would troll the Colts board hellyes
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/17/2013, 2:17 pm

mighty_colts wrote:

Yep, I remember first meeting up with Magic and Blue. I also remember telling Magic, why don't you just come on over to the ESPN board?

Yes I remember that too mighty_G........and I talked the guys into coming on over with me too.

Only a few of us left from back in 1999 drinkbeer

cravnravn wrote:Yup, thanks to Magic, I had the best ESPN profile, year was 2000 I just had my 3rd back surgery, couldnt sleep, so I cranked up the old dial up and E-Machine, and sure enough Magic be lurking and I would troll the Colts board hellyes

Yeah we were both having the back problems but I refused to have a surgery done on that part since everyone I knew that had surgery just complained that it was no better or even worse.

Those were the good old days on the espn boards with the profile pages especially after figuring out codes to cover up all the espn logo's lol

I did do a lot of profile pages back then for members all over the boards and for several years after they removed them all I saved the links so we could still look at them.......and then when they decided to change things about 5 years ago they erased all those from the servers and hired mzinga who absolutely sucks at doing this on those boards.

Now the boards suck and the profile pages suck and the espn tv channels pretty much suck......the balls of lebron james like rock candy lol

Funny thing is I still have about 10 ID's that still work but lost Magic_Colts and ESPN_SERVER_HAL3000 the fucking mod name I had for years wtf

Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down