Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird

2 posters

Go down

Weird Empty Weird

Post  cravnravn 2/22/2012, 5:38 am

The weirdest thing happened to my wifes family yesterday, her youngest brother and a cousin who lives up by us received emails from my father in law who passed away in Oct..They were nothing but spam.

My wifes brother called her at work to tell her about it, and when she got home the Cousin was on the answering machine telling her about the email..

weird eh?
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Weird Empty Re: Weird

Post  Guest 2/22/2012, 6:57 am

Hackers crack passwords, get address books, then blast spam out to everyone in the list. It's happened to me a few times.

One thing I've done is to capture ALL of my online accounts (usernames and passwords) and put these into a spreadsheet which is in a fire proof lock box in my home. The kids have been instructed to go into each of those accounts and cancel them or delete them when I'm no longer waking up on the right side of the grass. It's interesting that I've had three Facebook "friends" remain on FB after they died. I eventually decided to just "unfriend" them. Felt kind of weird doing that. mischief

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 2/22/2012, 3:51 pm

BlueShoes1 wrote:Hackers crack passwords, get address books, then blast spam out to everyone in the list. It's happened to me a few times.

One thing I've done is to capture ALL of my online accounts (usernames and passwords) and put these into a spreadsheet which is in a fire proof lock box in my home. The kids have been instructed to go into each of those accounts and cancel them or delete them when I'm no longer waking up on the right side of the grass. It's interesting that I've had three Facebook "friends" remain on FB after they died. I eventually decided to just "unfriend" them. Felt kind of weird doing that. mischief

Thats a good idea about the email blueshoes... I might have to do that myself.

Now on the Facebook friends that have passed, families are leaving them up these days as a kind of living memorial to their loved ones. I had a really close friend pass away last year and his family left it up... it's nice to be able to leave a message for him.... you know just in case there is an afterlife...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum