Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caldwell Fired

4 posters

Go down

Caldwell Fired Empty Caldwell Fired

Post  cravnravn 1/17/2012, 11:41 am

just broke
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Caldwell Fired Empty Re: Caldwell Fired

Post  Guest 1/17/2012, 12:25 pm

Excellent move. Now just so they don't hire Spagnola as HC. On the other hand, as one of my buddies has said, they could drive a stake into the ground on the Colts sideline, put a Colts jersey and cap on that stake and that would still be a better option than Caldwell.

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 1/17/2012, 1:36 pm

I'm so glad he wasn't fired last week and you all jumped in the Fisher sweepstakes.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/17/2012, 1:40 pm

Really didn't think JI would do it. Thought that he would give him another year, due to all the injuries and the fact that it was essentially Polian's fault that the back-ups just couldn't get it done - that's on him, not necessarily the coach.

I do think its a good move. JC was just too stoic on the sideline. Personally, I'd like to see some emotion on the sideline. I'm 50/50 on whether the replacement will be a big name or not...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/17/2012, 1:45 pm

The one thing that I don't get -- Caldwell and Grigson interviewed Spagnola YESTERDAY for the defensive coaching position. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how the organization could have Caldwell do that given their plan to can him. Did Irsay and Grigson really just make up their mind today? And, if you KNOW you're going to be searching for a new HC wouldn't you focus on that first and then let HIM be a part of the decision as to who the new DC is?

Confused... whoa

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 1/17/2012, 2:26 pm

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8779
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/17/2012, 5:54 pm

BlueShoes1 wrote:The one thing that I don't get -- Caldwell and Grigson interviewed Spagnola YESTERDAY for the defensive coaching position. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how the organization could have Caldwell do that given their plan to can him. Did Irsay and Grigson really just make up their mind today? And, if you KNOW you're going to be searching for a new HC wouldn't you focus on that first and then let HIM be a part of the decision as to who the new DC is?

Confused... whoa

I'm reading this that perhaps they didn't like the way JC handled things during the Spagnola interview. Maybe he didn't ask the right questions... didn't respond to the "new direction" the Colts are taking.

Back to top Go down

Post  arkman40 1/17/2012, 8:06 pm

There has been some speculation that Spagnuolo was offered the DC job, and he declined, but if he had accepted, Caldwell would have been retained. Not sure if that makes any more sense really. Just glad he's gone. Happy trails, dood. Time for a reboot.
arkman40
arkman40
Retired

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/18/2012, 3:35 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:Really didn't think JI would do it. Thought that he would give him another year, due to all the injuries and the fact that it was essentially Polian's fault that the back-ups just couldn't get it done - that's on him, not necessarily the coach.

I do think its a good move. JC was just too stoic on the sideline. Personally, I'd like to see some emotion on the sideline. I'm 50/50 on whether the replacement will be a big name or not...

It's on Caldwell too..... It was his job to make sure that everybody was ready to play and prepared. You could tell how much sloppier the team was under Caldwell than with Dungy. I also think that Caldwell is the real reason that Moore and Mudd left for other teams.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jim Tressell get some serious consideration for the HCing job... He's already on staff, and has won everywhere he's been... tOSU already ran a pretty similar offense and Tressels teams have been known for their defenses.....

Wouldn't be surprised to see it at all.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down