Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for the legally minded here...

+4
Magic
=SA=
anything4ABUC
dblshockpwr
8 posters

Go down

Question for the legally minded here... Empty Question for the legally minded here...

Post  dblshockpwr 1/3/2007, 8:06 pm

My cousin was on probation for a Dfelony that got dropped to an a misdameanor when he finished probation the other day.. I have been holding his guns for him... Is it safe for him to get them back now that it was dropped to the lesser charge?

His laywer is on vacation for about 2 weeks so we can't ask him....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Question for the legally minded here... Empty Re: Question for the legally minded here...

Post  anything4ABUC 1/4/2007, 10:24 am

dblshockpwr wrote:
His laywer is on vacation for about 2 weeks so we can't ask him....

Unless he's got a hard-on to shoot something, hold them for another 2 weeks..
anything4ABUC
anything4ABUC
Retired

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Question for the legally minded here... Empty Re: Question for the legally minded here...

Post  =SA= 1/4/2007, 5:39 pm

I think you already know the answer to that one 357_SmithWesson

Yep, give him the guns back so they lock him up for the next decade.

And don't forget to wave good buy to your cousin wave
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/4/2007, 6:02 pm

=SA= wrote:I think you already know the answer to that one 357_SmithWesson

Yep, give him the guns back so they lock him up for the next decade.

And don't forget to wave good buy to your cousin wave

It got dropped to misdemenor though... So he doesn't have a felony on his record now..........

they are some pretty nice pieces though..... I'll just tell him Judge SA said no dice and just "hold onto them" for him for a little while longer.... LOL
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 1/4/2007, 6:07 pm

Unless he plans on using them in the next few weeks it should be no problemo.

Judge SA. I kind of like that cowboy
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 1/4/2007, 6:38 pm

Well the way it works in the court here is if the judge tells the sheriff department that it is ok then it is ok.

Just go to the sheriff department and ask them to look it up and tell them you just want to obey the law.

That is always the best way.

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8780
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdsofSilence 1/11/2007, 11:49 pm

Depends on if he is on probation and what that probation is all about. He should have paperwork on it and it may have instructions on his terms.

Hold his guns, and wait until the attorney gets back would be my suggestion, just in case there is a problem or some question on if he should have them at all.

BirdsofSilence
Birds of a freakin' feather frock the fluckin' flock of foul Fowl...wtf!!

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenMole 1/12/2007, 6:05 pm

WTF! Ask the lawman? Playoffs? Playoffs? (Get my tone?) Ask the law????

Are you people nuts. Hello Law enforcement officer (LEO) I had a felony and now it is a misdemeanor but when it was felony I owned guns but I hid them at my cousins house? Can I bring them home now? Klunk! Tasar! Pepper Spray! Handcuffs! NO YOU CAN"T!!!

If it is a misdemeanor you can own a gun. But wait until your lawyer comes back. Sometimes there is a waiting period. If you do ask LEO say, "Now that I don't have a felony can I own a gun?". But stay away from LEO.

All my felonies were expunged. I only have a misdemeanor. I am going to have a felony soon though if fucking Magic doesn't pick the Colts to win Saturday. I am going out to the magic kingdom and lay some MOLE PAIN on him.

Don't give me that crap about jinxing them Magic. We need all our mojo on one side. I will dive right at your ankles and latch on like a RABID MOLE.
GoldenMole
GoldenMole
Retired

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 1/12/2007, 6:11 pm

I am going to have a felony soon though if fucking Magic doesn't pick the Colts to win Saturday

Magic's too smart, he'll take the Ravens
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 1/12/2007, 6:15 pm

sunny

Oh My!

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8780
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/12/2007, 6:30 pm

LOL well just for the record I called my own guy for him and he said that yeah he can own a gun again... He had to go to the statepolice post and take the paperwork to them and then they changed the way it was listed in the computer... So he has them back now... My lawyer even showed me the list of things that makes somebody a prohibited person to the feds..... Now if you get a misdemeanor domestic violence conviction then you can never own a gun again... it doesn't even have to be a felony!!! AND if you get 2 alcohol related offenses you have to wait 3 years from the date of the last one before you can own or carry a handgun again... The brady Bill is some crazy ass shit!!

I'm glad I got everything my phsyco ex tried thrown out of court or I would have been screwed!! Because me personally, i wouldn't have surrendered my firearms... I would have drywalled them in the walls or pressure sealed them and buried them at my country place.... But they wouldn't have gone to the feds... EVER.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  kobesgame 1/13/2007, 9:58 am

In MN, if you even get an order for protection against you -- which isn't a criminal act -- it is the civil action for someone who feels threatened in a domestic relationship (no violence need actually occur), you lose the right to own guns.

Pretty crazy. OFP's are easy to get too.
kobesgame
kobesgame
Retired

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/13/2007, 12:24 pm

kobesgame wrote:In MN, if you even get an order for protection against you -- which isn't a criminal act -- it is the civil action for someone who feels threatened in a domestic relationship (no violence need actually occur), you lose the right to own guns.

Pretty crazy. OFP's are easy to get too.

Yeah kobesgame, that is crazy.. I understand that there are people that are abused and that they do need the orders in order to be kept safe (from being beaten or even killed) but from what I've seen here in Indy it is way to easy for a mad woman to be able to go out and swear one out against a boyfriend or significant other just to get revenge... And you know that the judges and other people know that many of those cases are bunk...

It just doesn't make sense alot of the time.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down