Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

I hate Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty I hate Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  dblshockpwr 10/2/2010, 9:41 am

My poor uncle one of the best men I ever knew (by marriage Aunts husband) Got throat cancer a while back and we thought he had it beaten... Then it comes back with worse than before.... stomach is seeping blood and there is nothing that can be done about it.... here is a guy that really came from nothing.... severe alcoholic father and mother and ended up working his way up until his only boss was the mayor here until he retired...... Why is it the good guys and gals get nailed and the dirtbags don't? I am not happy with how life works right now.....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

I hate Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I hate Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Guest 10/3/2010, 8:24 am

Here Here I 2nd that My beautiful wife is battling that same monster. In April she was given a clean bill of health. In July it came back in here bones. Now she must suffer more chemo being zapped by radation and must get a stem cell transplant. All of which she must do living in Seattle, but not in the hospital so we must find a place to live there while keeping up with house and family at home. The best part is housing is not covered by insurance is at least 1300.00 a month out of pocket. Bright spot people stepping up offering help and we are doing a benefit concert on Oct. 29th.

Back to top Go down

I hate Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I hate Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Guest 10/3/2010, 10:13 am

Throat cancer = esophageal cancer?

Bone cancer = multiple myloma?

Unfortunately have experience with both...

Thoughts out to both of you. Seabird, they have Ronald McDonald houses for families of kids... anything like that for adults?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/3/2010, 1:38 pm

Here in Seattle we have the Pete Gross House (Used to be Seahawks play by play guy) We will stay there still very expensive !!

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 10/3/2010, 2:41 pm

This thread is giving me a stomach ache.

(say hi to Brenda and hope all goes good over there)

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8779
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 10/3/2010, 4:59 pm

My Mother is there herself......70 yrs and can hardly walk with a walker.

Disheartening to see see someone`s life diminish right before your very eyes.........Thoughts go out to everyone on this board that is dealing with this.
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/3/2010, 5:11 pm

I don't want to even think about it except to wish Seabird the best of luck. Been there, done that with Nancy 7 years ago. Seriously, Seabird, hang in there and keep the positive attitude.

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 10/3/2010, 5:37 pm

Seabird you and your family with be in our prayers here! Sadly my uncle lost his battle early this morning at about 1 am.... Glad I took off work Friday and spent Friday & Sat with him..... He knew it was time to go... Still sucks though... Hate it.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 10/3/2010, 6:07 pm

bluehoo

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8779
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/4/2010, 1:07 am

I miss my Dad bawlin
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/4/2010, 9:03 am

WOW guys thank you very much. We feel very good about how things are going she is responding well to treatment and dealing with the side effects well. We start the real fight this weekend when she starts her last chemo before stem cell harvest begins. My heart goes out to you dblshockpwr Iam happy that you were able to say good by I know it does not mean shit right now but in time it will mean so much to you. Blue positive is the only way to be we talk about and invision her being healthy look at the fight in terms of winning only. Cravenraven man there are no words that can change that I know as someone who's parents are both gone you never get over it you just live with it. Right now I can proudly say I am a member of Bookie Challenge. One last thing Brenda is Primetime's mom and that FREAKIN ROOKIE " Matt's Aunt. I don't want to sound like a geek but if you want to know more check out my face book (Mike Holloway)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down