Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes it's easy to forget your blessings in life..

2 posters

Go down

Sometimes it's easy to forget your blessings in life.. Empty Sometimes it's easy to forget your blessings in life..

Post  dblshockpwr 10/10/2009, 9:00 pm

And this week has been a good one to remind me of that....

I volunteer with habitat for humanity alot, and this week I met a family that had lost their home to a medical disaster and had been living in tents at a campground for the last 6 mos.... heart wrenching story I won't get too into that involved the loss of a child and the insane medical bills that were racked up because of it...

And then I was visiting my uncle in the hospital today (he has been in there for 3 weeks fighting for his life) and was in the waiting room when a Dr. told another family that there was nothing more they could do for a loved one and they had turned off the repirators and it was only a matter of hours and he would be gone....

It's easy to forget how good we have it sometimes.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Sometimes it's easy to forget your blessings in life.. Empty Re: Sometimes it's easy to forget your blessings in life..

Post  cravnravn 10/11/2009, 3:06 am

Yup, we got that same message last Thanksgiving with my Dad, the Docs told us it was useless to continue the chemo, and to go home and get comfortable.

It puts life in a whole different perspective. And how everything around us is frivilous, compared to the fight that your loved one is going through.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum