Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVDO internet connections the way to go!!

3 posters

Go down

EVDO internet connections the way to go!! Empty EVDO internet connections the way to go!!

Post  dblshockpwr 12/10/2006, 7:34 am

I'd been using my cell-phone to connect to the net for a while now...(through my bluetooth connection on my phone) and it did a very respectable job, got a slow DSL type connection... BUT now many companies have broadband cards, and a USB broadband device...which I just bought not too long ago.. And I've gotta say DAMN!! I'm getting cable speeds with a wireless connection, So I can take my lappy with me just about anywhere I go and get broadband speed on the net... It's still kinda pricey at $60 a month for the connection.. But for the portability factor it's worth every penny... I know Magic got wildblue and I was seriously thinking of doing the same but the USB modem from Sprint novatell is THE BOMB!!

Just something helpful for those of us who don't have access to highspeed because of rural areas and such...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

EVDO internet connections the way to go!! Empty Re: EVDO internet connections the way to go!!

Post  Guest 12/10/2006, 8:02 am

Rural areas without DSL connections in INDIANA??? Unheard of!!!

My office (which is moving 12/15, btw) is located in the thriving NE side of Indy. Castleton area, for those in the know... We could not get a dependable DSL line in the front door. I'm 1.5 miles from the closest SBC substation!

Back to top Go down

EVDO internet connections the way to go!! Empty Re: EVDO internet connections the way to go!!

Post  cravnravn 12/10/2006, 9:14 am

Im in a very rural area..I get nothing but fucking dial-up..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 12/12/2006, 3:23 pm

cravnravn wrote:Im in a very rural area..I get nothing but fucking dial-up..

You ought to give the USB modem a try then Cravn....It's made by Novatell and I know that Sprint sells it, I don't know about other providers though.. And with it being a USB device instead of a mobile card you can use it on a desktop no problem...Damn near cable speeds for uploads and downloads. Plus it's only $100.00 out of pocket right now(with a $50.00 rebate.)

But I guess that if I was going to use it strictly with a desktop, I'd probably have went with Wildblue...(which I gave some VERY serious thought too.) I just love the mobility I have now..
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 12/13/2006, 1:21 pm

I've been trying to decide if I will use dailup or mobile broadband when I buy a laptop. The reason I may just use dailup is because I won't be using the laptop nearly enough to warrant paying the extra dough for the broadband. But if I'm making the big bucks, I'd probably just pay for the broadband just to have it.

BOOKIE CHALLENGE EVDO internet connections the way to go!! 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 12/14/2006, 6:45 am

I'll tell you Mighty, this USB modem from Sprint is the real deal.. very fast downloads, no bottlenecking on video... and it plays Madden07 online with no problems hellyes

and with it being USB you can use it on your desktop or your laptop. I haven't run a speedtest yet, but don't see the need too. it does everything I ask of it seamlessly.... And as Sprint gets more and more RevA coverage out there it'll be awesome by the end of the year for EVERYBODY. and at $60 a month it's only a little more expensive than a cable-connection in my area and I can take it with me everywhere i go... I love it.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down